Follow VinVanCo

Thursday, December 31, 2015

A RARE FIND FOR VAN FANS

Click coaster to purchase your very own for three bucks. 
Those who know Debbie and I can attest to the fact that we love picking. Yard sales, estate sales, no pile of junk is safe from us. We're constantly finding cool stuff to embed in shift knobs for our hotrodshiftknob's web store. Cool vintage brooches, old Ford, Chevy and Dodge memorabillia. The other day, we tripped upon something really cool in the garage of someone who must have been a liquor rep. We unearthed a big ol' stack of drink coasters from an old ad campaign for Canadian Club. What made these particular coasters a real find is the photo and the line that appears on a non-recipe side. A young dude in beach trunks is flanked by two young ladies. The line reads, "Your Dad Had A Van For A Reason".  The guy selling these had no way of knowing that I own Vintage Van Company. But he did know that I really dug these coasters. I asked him what he wanted and it was a lot more than I expected to pay. Then I realized. I didn't just want these coasters. I needed them for my van fans. I needed to offer these puppies in my store. So I bought 'em hook line and sinker and assured Debbie that vanners would love 'em. The jury is still out. Feel free to prove me right.

No comments:

Post a Comment